Family Worker Services
1. Translation & Interpretation
- Read and write translations between English and Spanish to help clients understand their paperwork or other information.
- Make phone calls on behalf of clients due to the language barrier.
- Interpret and advocate for clients within the community.
2. Social Services
- Employment: assistance with searching and applying for jobs, interview preparation, and guidance in writing resumes and cover letters.
- Housing: assistance with searching and applying for low-income housing and government housing programs.
- Refer clients to access other social services or needs that we cannot offer or process.
3. Government Assistance
- Guide clients in applying for federal and state programs such as Medicaid, Medicare, SNAP, cash assistance, Bridge Cards, and child care assistance.
- Help clients fill out passport applications.
- Assistance navigating the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) and searching for schools in the area.
4. Resources and Referrals
- Assist clients who need guidance with using the Internet.
- Refer clients to programs and classes provided by RPM, such as ESL and SSL classes, financial literacy workshops, mental health workshops, and other events.
- Refer clients to resources in the community who need assistance with taxes, immigration, family lawyers, educational services, or other basic needs.
Additionally, we can copy, print, fax, and scan paperwork. For more information and pricing of each, please call us at 616-475-5881.